Thursday, May 17, 2012

Don't like this new look.....

I haven't been here in quite a while......a lot has been going down.
To start with, after having two really fantastic days with the NIE book sale and participation in the Downtown Art Crawl, I had to go into the hospital with another ischemic cholitis attack.  My really sweet colleagues at work plus two outside volunteers conducted the last day of the book sale for me, a kindness I can never repay.

I was in danger of having a piece of my colon taken out, but the docs felt I could continue to try to heal naturally.  If I have another attack within the next 6 months, though, they'll go in and do that.  To tell you the truth, when I saw the colonoscopy pictures of the ulcerated portion, I kind of wanted them to go in and yank it out now.....I am fearful of a perforated bowel, which would be a life-threatening event.  But everyone seems confident that we an handle this without surgery. 

To complicate matters, I fell on my left side in the hospital room bathroom, on the hard tile floor.  My arm and hip just felt kind of banged up, and I assured everyone I was okay. When I got home, I pretty much did nothing for about a week, thanks to my patient and loving hubby.  But when I got back to work a  week later, my lft shoulder and arm began to get worse.  My range of motion was limited and there was a lot of pain.  Anderson's set me up with Dr. Durgin, and I'm doing PT for six weeks. 

I can't take NSAID's because of the ischemic condition, and lortab wasn't really doing the job, so I got a steroid shot in my shoulder yesterday.....on MY BIRTHDAY!  Today  there's a huge improvement in my arm and shoulder, but I am so fatigued.  After working only two hours, I felt exhausted.  I know I'm supposed to be resting, but we also need money to pay bill, get food, buy gas, etc.   So.  Here I am, planning a second book sale for early in June.

Nothing I've told you has anything to do with the new blogger format......I have nothing to say about that except I don't like it.  But I'm sure Google thinks it knows what it's doing.

I'll try to write a more upbeat post soon, so hang with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment