Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Swamped

OK, it's pretty near official.......I am starting to feel swamped.  Oh, I know, I always seem to feel that way.  Too much to do and not nearly enough time to get it done in.  Or, just plain lack of total know-how on how to get it done.

Not talking about work, although that is a small piece of the swamp I'm mired in. I manage to get work taken care of.  After all, I need my job......and I enjoy it.

 No, it's the stuff of daily living.  I feel like I just can't handle it all any more. I feel like my psyche is wanting to skid to a dead stop, throw up its hands, and say, "I surrender."  But I can't do that. It's not like I constantly work at it.......no, I spend a good bit of time each day staring at piles of stuff to be done, both literal and figurative piles.  It seems impossible to make a start, and the piles just get bigger, of course.

And don't many people feel just that way?  Like life keeps throwing curve balls just when things seem almost on an even keel, like the details just keep adding up?  (I'm mixing metaphors with the best of them!)

How do you combat the numbness?  How do you fight that feeling of helplessness, like you just can't keep your head above water any longer?  Is it age starting to defeat me?  Is it simply that I've crossed the 60-year barrier and I'm just plain tired?

More, at another time.......too much to do to continue at the moment. And I can't stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment